Mental triggers are the cornerstone of how you conduct your launch. You get these mental triggers right, they’ll stay with you.
- Telling stories is one of the mental triggers that should be the foundation of your online launch.
- What you do is create a story that goes throughout your entire launch.
- Nothing is more engaging that a story.
- Your entire launch is a story arc.
- You want to make your launch event based.
- People love events and the feeling they are part of something bigger than themselves.
- Providing a community to go through it together.
- Virtual communities are really strong. You only have to look at the success of Facebook and Linkedin Groups.
- Create a community through your marketing.
- People look to other people for clues on how to act. If lots of other people are buying your product, other people will follow suit.
- If you can show that other people are buying your product and having success, then you’re on to a winner.
- When there is less of something people will want it more. I.e. People will go to amazing lengths to get that ‘in’ toy at Christmas.
- People will follow others in authority.
- You can establish huge authority in your prelaunch just by giving away good content.
- Few things capture our attention and pique our interest more than anticipation.
- This is how people get pulled into your launch – it’s what keeps people reading your marketing.
- We all look forward to events, holidays, sports events – we love the anticipation and build up to an event.
- Show people that your stuff works.
- Grab and hold people’s attention through controversy.
Commitment and consistency
- People would rather talk than listen.
- People will pay attention to a conversation longer than a lecture. Try and make your launch feel like a conversation.
- If you give something to someone, they’ll generally want to give you something in return.
- Give great stuff/content and people will naturally want to give back to you.
- You don’t want to be predictable.
- People buy from people they know, like and trust.
- Put out content that shows your credibility. During a launch you have lots of opportunities to prove that you’re credible.
- ‘Because’ is a very powerful word.
- If you can give a reason why because… this is so powerful.
- Keep your messaging simple.
TAKE ACTION: Spend 10 minutes brainstorming how you could use some of the above mental triggers during your launch.